Yay! Another Series Saturday. Let’s talk about all the wonderful ways to reuse those incredible egg shells. Egg shells are non-toxic and nutritious, making them suitable for uses all around the house, garden and farm.
Before you use your egg shells for any purpose, making sure you thoroughly wash them and bake them at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. This will dry and sterilize them.
- Keep them relatively whole and use them as seed starters.
- Or use them as candle molds.
- You could also attempt using them as soap molds, although it would be a bit difficult to get the mixture into the egg.
- Finely grind them and feed them back to your poultry.
- Or toss some in your garden.
- Mix in with coffee grounds to reduce the bitter flavor during brewing.
- Make some chalk.
- Scrub pots and pans.